What is MQTT?
MQTT is a protocol that delivers messages exchanged between the broker and clients via Publish or Subscribe.
Since MQTT protocol can be used in low bandwidth and is designed to send messages easily and fast, it is most appropriate for embedded systems with limited resources.
According users who have compared specifications of HTTPS protocol and MQTT with SSL, we can see the advantage of MQTT as below.
- The power consumption of MQTT protocol is less than HTTPS to use for maintenance of connection and message publishing and subscribing.
- It is highly reliable and fast to publish and subscribe messages.
For more information, please refer to the following link.
Project using MQTT on WIZnet Museum
Are there any projects that implement MQTT in the end terminal? WIZnet Museum already has 50 or more projects using MQTT and the trend of projects using MQTT is increasing.
MQTT projects are divided into two categories.
- In case of using external Broker.
- This is the case of using Cloud server that supports MQTT. Users can choose Cloud service that they want.
- The advantage of using external Broker is that users can easily build controlled environment even though you don’t have any knowledge related to server buildup.
- Build a cloud-ready temperature sensor with the Arduino Uno and the IBM Watson IoT Platform(http://wiznetmuseum.com/portfolio-items/build-a-cloud-ready-temperature-sensor-with-the-arduino-uno-and-the-ibm-watson-iot-platform-part-1-build-the-circuit-and-set-up-the-environment/)
- Arduino KAKU MQTT client(http://wiznetmuseum.com/portfolio-items/arduino-kaku-mqtt-client/)
- In case of using your own Broker.
- In this case, most users implemented MQTT Broker as a binding form after implementing OpenHAB server to Raspberry PI.
- The advantage of this case is that users can implement the web page as they want and make a private environment.
- In case of using OpenHAB, users can use compatible protocols or products supported by OpenHAB in addition to MQTT.
- IoT, Home Automation(http://wiznetmuseum.com/portfolio-items/iot-home-automation/)
- Another Home Automation System- Forget me Not(http://wiznetmuseum.com/portfolio-items/another-home-automation-system-forget-me-not/)
Curator : Daniel in WIZnet
You can contact to firstname.lastname@example.org