I decided to make my own tutorial on how to control my board using App. Some time ago, I found a very interesting app platform, ‘Blynk’. But Blynk platform supports only specified devices(like arduino series), so I’ve porting Blynk library for arduino to my WIZnet W5500-EVB board.
Blynk – build an app for your Arduino project in 5 minutes
Imagine a prototyping board on your smartphone where you drag and drop buttons, sliders, displays, graphs and other functional widgets. And in a matter of minutes these widgets can control Arduino and get data from it.
For more details, please refer to the Blynk official website, http://www.blynk.cc/
Step 1: Parts
For this instructables, you’ll need next things.
- Android Mobile Phone or iPhone
- Blynk platform provides both two Apps; Google Android App and Apple iOS app
- Blynk App for your phone
- WIZnet W5500-EVB board
- Ethernet (W5500 Hardwired TCP/IP chip) and 32-bit ARM® Cortex™-M0 (NXP) based designd evaluation board
- Arduino Pin-compatible (Arduino Shield available)
- A computer NXP LPCXpresso IDE installed
- Free Activation needed (Free Edition supports code sizes up to 256 kB after activation)
- LPCXpresso IDE Install and Activation Guide: http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=osh:lpcxpresso…
Step 2: Download Blynk App and Get the Auth Key Token in the App
You can download Blynk App from http://www.blynk.cc/getting-started/
Step 3: Download Simple Blynk Library for W5500-EVB
Firmware source code project released on GitHub repository.
Step 4: Set Your App’s Auth Key to the Source Code
Set your App’s Auth key to the source code – array Auth in main.c (32 bytes)
Step 5: Build the Project and Program to W5500-EVB
This project based on NXP LPCXpresso IDE.
Project Import to IDE, build and program to W5500-EVB
Refer to NXP MCU Flash programming guide: http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:w5500…
Step 6: Open Blynk App and Add Widgets
Select the Hardware in Blynk app to Arduino UNO.
W5500-EVB is the Arduino pin-compatible board, It’s possible to use pin ‘D0 ~ D15′ and ‘A0 ~ A5′
So, please check the W5500-EVB Pinmap and then use the board.
Step 7: Run!
Enjoy it. Make your own remote controlled / monitor device using W5500-EVB and Blynk.
You have to use this example with (1) DHCP client code and Router(DHCP server) or (2) Public IP address.